I paired this lovely salad with the Kale-Feta-GF Pasta Recipe found here. It was a lovely healthy pasta and salad meal!
So Kale Recipe 2 was a great success as well!.
I found the inspiration from this recipe at Gimme Some Oven. Hers looks amazing…but we now know that following recipes is hard for me, soooo I changed it up a little based on what I had available!
You will need:
1) Add a couple handfuls of kale to a colander and rinse it clean. Shake off any excess water.
2) Drizzle some olive oil and salt onto the kale in the colander and begin massaging the kale. Yes, massage it. It will soften up the leaves and you will feel a noticeable difference in texture and color. It is well worth this step, it makes all the difference!
3) If there are any exceptionally large stems in the kale, you can cut them out as they are a bit tough. Mix with spinach.
4) Depending on how much dressing you want to make, add equal parts balsamic vinegar and olive oil into a small skillet. Add a dash of lemon juice, sprinkle some salt, pepper, and garlic, and about 1/4-1/2 tbsp. honey. Stir well before placing over heat.
5) Once stirred, add desired amounts of dried cranberries and slices almonds.
6) Place over medium-low heat and let warm up, stirring often.
7) Place kale/spinach mix in bowls and add feta crumbles to each.
8) When dressing is warm, about 3-4 minutes, add to salad immediately and serve.
Very yummy and again, another amazing kale recipe! Week 1 is off to a great start; definitely keeping kale in my diet!
My next recipe will be a Kale Soup so be sure to check it out!